Monday, August 1, 2011

family! fun! and spoons?!

ugh! i did it again.. i loaded the pictures backwards so you see the end result first! anyway my uncle andy, aunt dora and my cousins have been down this past week and we have had a few tournaments.. tonight is actually supposed to be a horse shoe tournament! but this past weekend we went to my sisters house on friday and had day one of a spoons tourney!

i won the first and second round and my dad won the final round!

here is my dad with his winnings!! lucky guy!


we had a rule that if you grabbed the first spoon but you had more than seven cards you were out.. so here is my dad the winner after andy (who grabbed the final spoon) had EIGHT cards!


andy was so sly when he would grab the spoons.. so quietly but swiftly! He is really good! anyway here he is after he grabbed the spoon but realizing that he had the eight cards!


here i am after winning the second game. the first game we didnt play for money the first round, or else i might have doubled. but am just glad that i got some money! my winning cards!
we played again on saturday at my house.. didnt get pictures of it, but I was the big winner again! very excited! although i dont think my cousins were too happy about it!

here is my uncle andy and aunt dora with mia!


and heres a picture from sunday!
thats all folks! the plan was for a horse shoe tournament tonight, not sure if it will happen,.. bobby has to work late and my dad may also.. but my mom is the big winner in horse shoes! so i dont have a shot to begin with! we go for Amelia's ONE year pictures tomorrow, ON her ONE year!! her birthday is tomorrow.. so may have another post tomorrow! if you think of us.. please pray for us at 9am.. as we will be trying to get some good pics!

me~

2 comments:

Georgianna (aka Georgi) said...

Tried to leave a comment, but it didn't post. Love the pics! You should teach us spoons when we get there.

Becky Slimpin said...

great pic of you and the girls!

praying for tomorrow's pics! Can't wait to see them (and for my own copy! ;)

Glad you guys are having fun!