Thursday, March 12, 2009

Honoring Opie..

This past Tuesday night, Bobby's grandfather Nolan Specht aka Opie passed away. When Bobby was younger he would spend his days at Opie's house helping him with his animals, and when he got older they hunted together... Bobby told me yesterday he shot his first buck with one of Opie's guns. Bobby has some wonderful memories of Opie while he was growing up. When Bobby and I got married I got to know Opie. Thankfully the babies did get to see Opie too.. Opie seemed to really like the quads. Although he never really gave praise to your face we had heard that he thought the babies were very good... He will be missed!



me~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize he passed away. I'm sorry. I'm sure that Barbara is taking this hard. How's bobby doing? I got to know Mr. Specht (sp) some when i used to work at the Drs. office. He was always kind to me (kinder than Barbara warned me he may be.) ;) and we got along well. I'll pray for everyone.